Precisely how you apply eye makeup depends on the shape of your eyes. If you tailor the way you apply your eye makeup to better suit your eye shape, you will not only make your eyes stand out like they should, but improve your overall look as well. Whether you have small or close-set eyes, wide-set eyes, thin lids or monolids, or hooded eyes, we are going to tell you how to apply eye makeup based on your eye shape so you can get the best results out of your eye makeup application routine.
Applying Eye Makeup Based On Your Eye Shape
How To Apply Eye Makeup For Small Or Close-Set Eyes
To make your eyes look larger and farther apart follow these simple eye makeup application steps:
1. Dust a pale, light-reflective eyeshadow across the inner 3/4 of each of your eyelids.
2. Apply a dark eyeshadow from your lash line to the crease at the outer corner of each eye.
3. Line the inner rims of your eyes with a beige pencil eyeliner. (This will really open up your eyes and make them look bigger.)
4. Apply a dark eyeliner (use black or dark brown pencil eyeliner) to the outer corner of your eyes (top and bottom).
5. Apply mascara to top and bottom eyelashes. Then add an extra coat of mascara to the outer-most lahes only.
How to apply eye makeup for wide-set eyes
To draw your eyes in slightly so they look a little closer together try this eye makeup application trick:
Use a darker eyeshadow color and more mascara at the inner corner of your eyes (near the tear ducts), and a lighter eyeshadow shade from the middle of your eyelids to the outer edges of your eyes. You can also try accentuating the inner half of your eyelid crease and then gradually fade the color out as you cross your eyelid.
How to apply eye makeup for Asian eyes - thin lids or monolids
If you don't have an eyelid crease, you can still give your eyes depth by following this eye makeup tip:
1. Apply a thick stroke of dark pencil eyeliner color along your upper lash line.
2. Apply a lighter shade eyeshadow right above the eyeliner and up to just below your brow bone. Because the lower portion of your top eyelid is hidden, look at yourself straight on in a mirror to determine how thick the eyeliner should be.
How to apply eye makeup for hooded eyes
Do your upper lids droop down, covering your eyelids? If so, you want to avoid magnifying that hooded portion by keeping light colors off of it. To do this, brush a base eyeshadow color from lash line to crease, then apply a darker eyeshadow over it, blending the color over your upper eyelid and sweeping it along your lower lash line.
Who knew that applying eye makeup based on your eye shape could be so simple. Whether you have small or close-set eyes, wide-set eyes, thin lids or monolids, or hooded eyes, we hope we have helped you learn how to apply eye makeup based on your eye shape so that you can get the best results out of your eye makeup routine. If you liked this article on how to apply eye makeup based on your eye shape, please share it : )