Think of full lashes as the little black dress of the cosmetic world - always in style. Top off beautiful lashes with a layer of lip gloss and you're ready to go out on the town. Not only are full lashes flirty, they can also make your face appear slimmer. "Make your eyes look gigantic," says Valerie Sarnelle, creator of Valerie Beverly Hills cosmetics. "The bigger and wider they appear, the slimmer the rest of your face gets.” Learn how to properly apply false eyelashes to make your eyes look amazing.
How To Properly Apply False Eyelashes
1. Select your lashes. If you’re looking for a dramatic look, then go for the full set. If you’re going for the glamour look, then try little clumps of fake lashes on the outside corners of your eyes.
By adding a few individual false eyelashes to the outside corners of their eyes,
Angelina Jolie and Lindsay Lohan are able to make their eyes the center of focus.
2. Select the color. Dark for evening and go lighter during the day for a more natural look.
3. Don't overdo the length. Full lashes should follow the natural lining of your own eyelashes. Trim them with hair scissors to acquire the proper fitting. For a more natural look, the false eyelashes should be slightly longer than your natural lashes.
4. Trim: Trim the false eyelashes to a length and width that suits your eye size. The more you keep the lashes closer to your real eyelash length, the more natural the false lashes will look when you apply them. Just remember to trim the fake lashes slightly longer than your natural eyelashes. If you're using a full set, keep the width of the set the length that it would take to cover from the outer corner of your eye to the inner corner. Cutting it too wide may cause irritation when you blink. Always trim your false lashes before you apply glue.
5. Full Set Application: Start with clean eyes. No makeup or debris. A clean surface allows for proper adhension to give a natural look. Apply a very thin line of adhesive along the base of the false lashes. Allow it to sit for one minute to let the glue work. Apply the false lashes above your natural lashes, keeping them as close to your lash line as possible (giving it the natural curve). Use a mirror. Make any minor adjustments with your fingertips or tweezers. Allow to set. Try:: Ardell Invisiband EyeLashes ($4.99). You can make your life easier by using a set that comes with self adhesive strips. Peel, apply, and you're done! Try:Ardell Self Adhesive Lashes ($6.69).
Individual Lash Application: Individual lashes give the best natural appearance. Place individual lashes using a tweezer since it is difficult to secure individual lashes with your fingers. Apply glue to a small piece of foil. Secure lashes with tweezer and dip the base slightly into the glue. Give it a minute for the glue to set. Then apply to the base of your eyelash. To give a more dramatic effect, apply longer lashes towards the outer corner of your eyes. Try:Ardell Duralash Naturals Individual EyeLashes ($3.99).With individual lashes, curling your eyelash before hand will give your lashes a fuller appearance. Using a heated eyelash curler works best.
6. Apply eye makeup.Apply a dark eyeliner and slightly smudge to give a more natural look. Applying eye makeup after false eyelash application will make your fake lashes look more natural. Applying makeup before applying fake eyelashes may make it difficult to fix the false lashes in place. Mascara may not be necessary. Try avoiding creamy eye makeup. The oil will prevent the lashes from staying put.
Tips:How To Properly Apply False Eyelashes
1. After use, soak the fake eyelashes in eyelash-cleaning solution until the next time you wear them.
2. Never pull the lashes from your lids.
3. Never apply glue directly to your eyelids.
4. If after reading this you've decided that fake eyelashes are too much work for you, try using a heated eyelash curler; no glue needed. A touch of heat will curl your lashes and make them appear longer and fuller (especially with a coat of mascara). Try the blinc Heated Lash Curler ($24).
5. Keep your eyes and lashes healthy. Skip using heavy mascara a day or two a week. Instead, use an eyelash conditioner for naturally longer and silkier eyelashes. Recommended products: