Have you ever noticed someone and thought to yourself, "What's her hair care secret?" If you have dry, brittle, frizzy, or damaged hair and don't know why, there may be a simple solution to your problem. Do you want to know what the best hair care secret is for getting healthy, smooth, and shiny hair? Surprisingly it's only one little thing...moisture.
Moisture is by far the single best way to keep your hair healthy. Choosing the right type of moisture for your hair texture is important if you want to tame your specific hair problem, whatever it might be.
The Best Hair Care Secret
The Best Hair Care Secret: Tips
- If you have straight hair you need to use a conditioning agent that prevents damage. Before blow-drying your hair, apply a heat protector that contains glycerine.
- If you have curly hair you need to use a frizz-taming hydrating cream. Try coating your wet strands with a milky styler.
- If you have fine hair you need moisture that won't weigh your hair down. Try alternating between using a hydrating shampoo and a volumizing hair formula.
- If your have colored hair you need to use a deep treatment to lock in your hair's hue. To accomplish this, simply apply a hair mask to your damp hair.
- If you have damaged hair you need to use a daily protein-packed moisturizing conditioner.
The Best Hair Care Secret: The Don’ts
- Don’t settle for just any hair stylist. Instead, shop around and get a referral from a friend.
- Avoid the sun, chlorine, and salt water. Over exposure to any of these elements can cause severe damage that even the best (most expensive) product cannot reverse.
- Don't use a clothes iron straightener to straighten your hair. Use a ceramic straightener; it heats up quickly and does not require multiple passes, limiting damage.
- Don’t apply too much tension/stress to your wet hair. Doing so will result in hair breakage.
- Don’t subject your hair to stressful hair styles (e.g., corn rows, braids, tight ponytail) for an extended amount of time.
- Don’t use sun-lightening products such as lemon juice or over-the-counter hair care product. These acids can strip your hair of moisture and leave your hair dry and brittle.
- Don’t always go for value (the cheapest product). Some cheap at-home hair coloring products may lack moisturizer. Leave the coloring to the professional, especially if you have fragile hair.
- Avoid multiple chemical treatments within a short period of time. Over processing your hair may lead to irreversible damage.
- Don’t overload your hair with products which can result in unmanageable hair. Pick a style that requires little maintenance. Leave the spray and gel for special occasions or the weekends.
- Don’t heat style your hair on a daily basis. Overuse of heating application can dry hair. Try skipping the blow dryer and curling iron every other day.
Hopefully, using these hair care do's-and-don'ts tips will help you get that healthy, shiny head of hair you've been longing for. As with most beauty secrets, the best hair care secret is a simple one.
Recommended related articles:
1. How Can I Grow My Hair Longer Faster?
2. Nexxus' Experts Reveal The Best Hair Care Secret
If you liked this article on caring for your hair, please share it : )